Final mail of Lent – Week 8
I have few quotes as well that I came across and stuck in my mind:
1. “Never look down on someone else unless you’re helping them up”.
2. “Never stop doing little things for others. Sometimes those little things occupy the BIGGEST part of their heart”.
3. “Good deeds are not done by walking into a church. They are done when you walk out of the church and help others”.
4. “Feel good, be good and do good”.
5. “The evil you do remains with you. The good you do, comes back to you”.
6. “If you judge people you have no time to love them”
I view the Lenten Positive Acts Challenge as an opportunity for humility.
I recently read Blessed Mother Teresa’s suggestions for practicing humility (see below)… And it dawned on me – LPA Challenge allows me to humble myself to do the will of God my Father. God presents the opportunities to do a positive act to me. And when I quiet myself long enough to see/hear them and I follow through on them – despite my own selfish desires – I have exercised humility and openness to the will of the Father. How empowering that is!!! Thank you LPA!
“Mother Teresa suggestions to practice Humility:
Speak as little as possible about yourself.
Keep busy with your own affairs not those of others.
Do not interfere in the affairs of others.
Accept small irritations with good humor and kindness.
Accept contradictions and correction cheerfully.
Accept censures even if unmerited.
Give in to the will of others.
Accept being forgotten and disregarded.
Be courteous and delicate even when provoked by someone.
Do not seek to be admired and loved.
Give in, in to discussions, even when you are right.
Accept being forgotten and disliked.
Never stand on one’s dignity.
Choose always the most difficult task.”
Your email address will not be published.
Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. You can also subscribe without commenting.